Your nature and lakes are quite lux,
Every visit is worth all my bucks.
The summers are beaux,
The winters have snow!
--but then walking the dog kinda sucks.
This tumblr honors Finland, the best country in the world (according to Newsweek 2010)! There are few things that (stereotypically) summarize Finland/Finns,
- A love for summer
- Fucking cold winters (-30 C)
- Not being very talkative
SUBMISSIONS ARE ENCOURAGED. Share all things Finnish with us, you greedy sod! PERKELE.
You’re submitting something? Hooray! But first, I just have a few quick guidelines.
Submitting a photo:
- DON’T FORGET TO CHOOSE “SUBMIT A PHOTO” FROM THE DROP DOWN MENU
- one of decent quality is appreciated; little to no noise
- it’s not required, but a little caption of what the subject is (location, animal, person, etc.) would be nice, in case followers want to know
Submitting a Finnish Fact of the Day
- Title should be “Finnish Fact of the Day”
- I’ll accept pretty much any fact Finland-related, as long as it’s true.
- Try to keep them short; anywhere from 1 to 3 sentences is ideal
Submitting a Finnish Word of the Day
- Title should be “Finnish Word of the Day: [Finnish word here]
- Include a picture somewhat related to the word, preferably to help demonstrate its meaning or use (in English)
- The picture should come BEFORE the definition.
- The definition should be written as follows: [Finnish word] (pronounciation, bolding the stressed syllable) means [meaning].
- You can include a note about its use/connotation if you’d like, but it’s not necessary.
If you would like to be referenced as a source in your post, write (via [yourtumblrhere]) along with your submission.
If you are submitting a photo/video/etc., keep in mind there is a DROP DOWN MENU in the submission box so you can change the type of post you want—that way, the post will appear properly.
KIITOS, MOTHER FUCKERS. (jkiloveyouguys)